- Procrastinate. It’s far more stressful to do an assignment one day before rather than doing it early.
- Actively disrespect. It’s one thing to have a lack of respect, but another thing to try not to have it.
- Shut down. It’s strange and new here, but being open will help you not feel alone.
- Be too creative. Certainly, great ideas are captivating, but make sure it falls in the scope of what you’re doing.
- Ignore your assignments. Ignoring them doesn’t make them go away.
- Use your phone in class. Forgetting to mute is annoying, but actively using it is outrageous.
- Avoid help. It’s not shameful to ask, and that help might be the difference between life and death.
- Get too involved. Being a member of the newspaper, a fraternity, an off-campus job, and six classes might be really fulfilling, but rest is just as important as work.
- Become too obsessed with your finances. If you manage it well enough, it won’t require your undying attention. Money is not everything.